Intro: 2.3 billion square feet of storage rental space. A $38 billion business. Grows 7.7% annually since 2012. What it represents is our inability to get rid of stuff and stuff out of circulation.
- Hoarded riches are God’s blessings out of commission. (v. 1-3)
- When stuff sits long enough it collects dust. Matthew 6:19-21
- What is your heart toward stuff?
- Hoarded riches lead to oppression and paranoia. (v. 4)
- What is fair? Matthew 20
- We like to keep people in their place. Matthew 18:23-35
- We never think we have enough. Luke 12:13-21
- Hoarded riches make us selfish and oblivious. (v. 5-6)
- One of the seeds planted is choked out. Mark 4:19
- The rich fool once again.
We have the wealth of the Gospel. Let’s not be found guilty of hoarding it.