When is Sunday Worship?
Worship times are 9:00 am and 10:30 am with identical services led by a worship team using instruments and utilizing hymns and contemporary Christian music. Watch in person or Online. Worship lasts just a little over an hour and consists of singing, prayer, giving, communion, and a message from the Bible. Come as you are! Everyone is welcome.
In order to create the safest environment possible, we have implemented new guidelines for the in-person worship hour.
- If you feel sick, please stay home and watch online.
- Please wear your mask.
- Observe social distancing of 6-feet
- Temperatures will be taken at the door.
- Use hand sanitizer at the Worship doors.
- Bring your own coffee (No coffee served).
- Observe the designated foot traffic flow.
What Does this Church Believe?
The Kalkaska Church of Christ is a non-denominational (some would say un-denominational) independent church. We belong to the Restoration Movement that sought to bring all Christians back to simply living by the Bible and practicing beliefs as did the early church in the book of Acts.
We observe a weekly remembrance of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection as requested by Jesus himself (Luke 22:19) and practiced by the early church (Acts 20:7) – The Lord’s Supper or Communion. We neither invite nor prohibit anyone from taking the Lord’s Supper. All are welcome at His table.
We believe that one comes to salvation through faith in Jesus as the Christ of God, confession of Jesus as the Christ and Lord, repentance of one’s sins, and baptism through immersion for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. For more detailed beliefs, visit our Beliefs and Core Values page.
Where can I get involved with this Church?
Besides Sunday morning worship, you can also get involved with a Faith Training Class (traditionally known as Sunday School). This is a class or group for adults that meets for about 45 minutes to help us grow deeper in our spiritual walks. The topics vary and change from quarter to quarter. Check out what is currently offered on our Faith Training page. Coffee is available at no cost in the lobby. Faith Training classes run concurrently with 9:00 & 10:30 am worship services.
KCC offers several Life Groups and various Small Groups that connect during the week. Most Life groups meet to share a meal then go deeper with questions from Sunday’s message. Small Groups meet for Bible Study and prayer. Find out what groups are meeting currently at our Small Groups page.
There is always something happening at KCC. The activities vary greatly. Some are one-time events while others are ongoing. Some are for the entire family while others target groups like men, women, singles, teens, etc. Check out our Upcoming Events page to see what is coming up next!
Where can I grow spiritually?
- Sunday Morning Worship – Meet weekly with other believers, hear a Bible-based message, sing, take communion, and give.
- Faith Training – Sundays at 10:00 am we offer a variety of options to help Christians grow in their faith.
- Life Groups – Join a Small Group to go deeper into the Bible. Life Groups meet during the week at various homes to discuss Sunday’s message, fellowship and pray.
- Titus 2 Women’s Mentoring – This monthly gathering of adult ladies is focused on discipling women. Titus 2 meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm in the lower level.
- Basecamp – Our men’s monthly discipleship program is called Basecamp. The evening includes dinner ($3 donation suggested), a devotional, an activity and small group time. Basecamp meets every 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm.
- Personal spiritual growth occurs as you spend time in prayer, Bible reading, worship, serving, and giving. As you practice these habits you will grow in your faith.
Where can I Serve or Volunteer?
If you’re interested in getting involved with KCC via volunteering, we have many options available to help you do that. Please let us know where you are interested in serving!
Where can I Meet new People?
Of course, the best place to meet new people would be Sunday mornings during worship or Sunday Faith Training. You’ll also meet new people through our Life Groups and at the many events offered throughout the church. Volunteering and serving on a ministry team is also a wonderful way to meet people and make new friends as you serve the Lord together.
What is There for my Children?
KCC offers several different opportunities for your children to learn about Jesus. The 9:00 hour on Sundays is called “Faith Training.” It’s a newer way to say “Sunday School.” We have a class for every age during this time. Your child will learn Christian values and principles using God’s Word, the Bible.
Nursery is available during both the 9:00 and the 10:30 worship hour.
Elementary-age children (K-5th grade) are invited to attend KidMo, an interactive video-based curriculum teaching Biblical lessons, during the 10:30 am hour.
W.A.S.P. is our Wednesday After School Program for children 1st – 3rd grade. The hour-long program begins at 3:30 PM (unless Kalkaska has no school). Transportation is avaialble for children from the Kalkaska School to the church building. Reach out to our W.A.S.P. parents Facebook group for more information on how to set this up.
Octane is our Thursday after school program for 4th & 5th graders. Transportation is available for children from the Kalkaska school to the church building. Join the Octane parent’s Facebook group for all the details!
What is There for Teenagers?
Sunday mornings at 10:30 am we offer a “Faith Training” (Sunday School) class for Middle School and High School youth.
HSM is our youth group program for both middle school and High schoolers. Middle School meets Wednesday nights from 6:30 pm – 7;30 pm in the lower level at KCC. High School meets Sunday nights from 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM also in the Lower Level of KCC. Outings are planning throughout the year, check the Youth page for details on upcoming events!