Sermon Scripture: James 4
Big Idea: When we are jealous of others, we judge others. And instead of being excited about what God will do, we make our own plans.
- Being someone else means we don’t have you. (v. 1-10)
- Lucy and Aslan in “Voyage of the Dawntreader” – Proverbs 14:30
- “I have never been jealous. Not even when my dad finished fifth grade a year before I did.” – Jeff Foxworthy
- Don’t mistake judging for loving. (v. 11-12)
- A woman caught in adultery was judged by sinners. John 8:2-11
- Usually, when we judge we are forgetting our own sin. Matthew 7:1-5
- Love like Jesus. For salvation, not condemnation. John 3:17
- Plan and prepare for God to show up. (v. 13-17)
- God said to consecrate the people, then watch. Joshua 3:1-5
- God said consecrate the people, then He will reveal. Joshua 7:13
Prepare yourself for what God has in mind.