Sermon Scripture: Romans 5:1-10
Sermon Big Idea: An even higher love than a son’s death is the Son’s life.
- When hardships come we discover faith (v, 1)
- John 20:8 – John saw and believed
- When hardships come we discover hope (v. 2-5)
- John 18 – Peter denies Jesus
- John 21 – Peter is welcomed back and charged by Jesus
- Acts 2,3 – Peter boldly preaches the Gospel
- When hardships come we discover love (v. 6-8)
- Luke 23:39-43 – The thief on the cross
- When hardships come we discover life (v. 9-10)
- John 20:16-18 Mary Magdalene
- Philippians 1:21
- Romans 6:4-5 “a resurrection like his.”
Conclusion: Jesus’ love didn’t stop at dying for our sins. It continued by resurrecting so we can have eternal life.