Today’s Scripture: Mark 4, Jonah 1, Joshua 24
Big Idea: Fear God. He holds everything else we are afraid of in his hands.
- A cultivated heart is ready to receive God’s Word and increase in faith.
- A hidden faith is extinguished. A faith displayed will increase in impact.
- In a healthy environment, faith grows.
- Luke 17 – The kingdom of God is within you
- Faith may start small, but when properly placed, it grows to great significance.
- When we have confidence in what Jesus can do, faith overcomes fear.
Jesus calms the storm
- With growth, we don’t fear death – 1 Cor. 15:54-55
- With growth, we don’t fear a lack of provision – Matthew 6:26
- With growth, we don’t fear the loss of loved ones –
- With growth, we identify who controls the storms – Mark 4
- With growth, we know whom to fear and what NOT to fear – Jonah 1:15-16,
The answer to fear and anxiety is growing in our relationship with God. There isn’t room for fear if we use all we are to follow Him