Sermon Scripture: Romans 1:1-17
Sermon Big Idea: We, like Paul, have a purpose, passion, and path we are called to take. And it all leads to grace.
Paul – Acts 7:58, 8:3, 9:1-6
Rome – don’t know who started it. Letter probably 56-57 AD. Heart of the beast
- Our purpose is to abide by God’s calling (v. 1)
- Servant – John 13:14-15
- Apostle – sent one – Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8
- Set apart – 2 Cor. 3:2
- Our passion is the message of the Gospel (v. 2-7)
- Promised beforehand
- By prophets – Isaiah 53:3-5
- Declared by the resurrection – 1 Cor. 15:13-14
- Bring about obedience of faith for HIS sake
- Including those called to belong to Jesus
- Our path starts in Kalkaska (v. 8-15)
- Does history matter as much as present with the Gospel?
- Very important to start here first
- Are we constantly praying for our community? – 1 Thess. 5:17
- This is our mission – Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8
- Our pistis will be our mode and our model (v. 16-17)
- From our faith we have strength to share – Mark 13:11
- In our faith is our message that is the power of God
We have the greatest message in the world, our God reigns!