Sermon Big Idea: The pain Job is suffering and that you and I suffer is to purify our life, not punish our life.
Why is this happening?
Options we consider:
Our fallen world
Who is this 4th friend?
Should we lump Elihu in with Job’s friends?
God didn’t reprimand him
Job didn’t respond to him
What he says seems to be on point
- God will take drastic measures to get our attention. (33:14-26)
- As good of people as we may think we are, we still sin. (34:5-10)
- The core of our battle against sin is pride. (35:10-12)
- If we listen and serve Him, our pain strengthens us. (36:5-11)
At all times, remember the wondrous works of God. (37:14-24)
- Regardless of why this is happening, we need to find a way to seek God during it, so that we might journey with Jesus and become like Him.
- What will really be a shame is if we are at the same place when this is done as when we started it.