Sermon Series: Outside In
Sermon Title: The mind’s eye
Sermon Scripture: Acts 1:9
Sermon Big Idea: Jesus’ ascension was the ultimate action. And His ultimate action is to stir our ultimate reaction. The key word is action.
- The crucifixion was gracious
- Hebrews 9:26b, John 1:29, Romans 5:9-11
- The resurrection was glorious
- Romans 6:4
- The ascension was victorious
- 1 John 2:1, John 14:16, Ephesians 2:6, Colossians 3:1-4, Hebrews 12:1-4
Having experienced the victorious Jesus, what’s next?
- Looking is informative
- 2 Timothy 2:15
- Guessing is speculative
- Titus 3:9
- Action is illustrative
- Acts 1:11, Acts 1:8, Matthew 25:35
There is a time for everything except doing nothing.