Sermon Scripture: John 13:1-15, Mark 10:42-45, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31
Sermon Big Idea: Serving was to be a part of every Christian from the beginning.
- For the sake of love, Jesus saw a need.
- For the sake of love, Jesus acted on the need.
- Jesus said we need to act in the same way, for the sake of love.
- James and John sought a place of honor.
- The other 10 were “indignant” at their ambition for the honor.
- Jesus turned their idea of honor upside down.
1 Corinthians 12:12-31
- Paul called the church “one body.”
- Paul called the parts that make up the body “members.”
- Paul taught the church to rejoice when one “member” is “honored.”