Sermon Scripture: 2 Samuel 11
Sermon Big Idea: Being set apart starts with a broken spirit before God. He desires a broken spirit before sacrifices.
God chooses, God leads, God allows
2 Samuel 11:1-5
- David was in the wrong place at the right time.
2 Samuel 11:6-13
- Uriah put David in his place at the wrong time.
2 Samuel 11:14-21
- David put Uriah in a deadly place in his time.
2 Samuel 11:22-25
- David covered up his time in a deadly place.
2 Samuel 11:26-27
- God is displeased at David’s management of time and place.
2 Samuel 12:13-15
- At the right time and place, Nathan delivers, David repents, but God still disciplines.
Leviticus 11:45; Psalm 51:16-17
- God chose David, David chose to sin, God chose to reveal David’s sin, David chose to repent.
2 Corinthians 7:1
We are holy because God chose us. We repent because God leads us. We are forgiven because God allows it.