Sermon Scripture: Luke 11:1-4
Sermon Big Idea: One we recognize who we are talking to when we pray, we then ask that same King to rule over us.
Three thoughts on God’s kingdom
- The kingdom of God is the second coming of Jesus
- It will happen. – Revelation 22:7,12,16,20
- Are you ready? – Matthew 25 (summary)The kingdom is here in us…or is it?
- The kingdom of God is the church
- Luke 22:18
- Scot McKnight – King, Rule (redeems, governs), People (the church), Will (law), Land (sacred space)
- The kingdom of God is in us
- United in his death, burial, and resurrection – Romans 6:5
- Starts with love – John 14:23
- Jesus lives in us – 1 John 4:15, Galatians 2:20a, Colossians 1:27,
- What is the test? 2 Corinthians 13:5
- Fruit of the Spirit – Galatians 5:22-24
- Our work
- Seek – Matthew 6:33
- Pursue – Colossians 3:1-17
- Listen – 1 Corinthians 3:1-4
Praying for the Kingdom of God to come is asking God to be your king and for you to be his loyal subject. It’s asking Him to be Lord.
Find your phobos and then ask Him to be your Father