God uses an unlikely love story at the “house of bread” to fulfill his promise.
Intro: You can’t deny love as the overwhelming thread that holds together God and his people.
- Elimelech’s love was providing for his family. (Ruth 1:1-2)
- Naomi’s love was a willingness to release her family. (Ruth 1:8)
- Ruth’s love was the sacrifice of self. (Ruth 1:16-17)
- Boaz’s love was for God and His people. (Ruth 2:11; 4:9-10)
- God’s love is a promise kept. (Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 11:1; Ruth 4:17)
The bread of life was born at the house of bread
The bread of life came for Israelites and Gentiles
The bread of life came to save the world from the consequences of our sin
The bread of life is love. He is the only one that can fully satisfy.