Sermon Big Idea: Journeying with Jesus is making a name of Him. Moving away from Jesus is making a name for ourselves.
- Adam and Eve were removed from God’s blessing.
- Cain moved from “the presence of the Lord.”
Genesis 11:1-2,4 (NIV)
- The “people” set out to make a name for themselves.
- Lot relied on his own wisdom and moved toward disaster.
…helping people journey with Jesus means…
- By faith, we now have access to His grace.
- Draw near to Him, not away from Him.
- Making much of Jesus and less of us.
- Fear the Lord and turn from evil.