- Following Jesus causes mixed emotions.
- Philippians 1 – Paul is filled with joy in chains
- Mark 4 the disciples are scared
- if a guy came in casting out a demon how would you feel?
- James and John showed courage.
- They ask for an answer before they ask the question
- They ask for it all
- They look Jesus in the eye and say, “yes, I can take it.”
- The other 10 showed anger.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 – love is not jealous
- James 3:16 – jealousy brings disorder
- Proverbs 29:22 – stirs up strife
- All 12 were humbled.
- This plan is counter cultural
- His plan is service
- His plan is slavery
- Jesus reminds them of how he has lived so far
- The emotion we should always feel is love!
- 1 Cor. 13:1-3
Persevere through the persecution – James 1:2-4
Live out your calling to serve – Eph. 2:10
Aspire to greatness – Gal. 5:13
Notice and thank others – Proverbs 3:27