- The table was an important place of Jewish fellowship.
- The table was reserved for special guests.
- The table provided Jesus a teaching opportunity.
- It is important who you invite.
- It is important to behave properly as an invitee.
- The table was a place of restoration.
For Peter, the table was a nod from Jesus saying, “It’s okay, I forgive you.
Who do you need to invite to breakfast this week?
When we have difficulty forgiving someone…remember that “blessed is He,” who said, “It is finished,” ending sin’s stranglehold on us, “so that you…” might be forgiven and have eternal life. And maybe Jesus will point you to someone who needs restoration and use you to invite him/her to breakfast.