What the Bible says about Baptism:
- Baptism washes away sin. (Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16)
- Baptism comes with the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)
- Unites us with Christ. (Romans 6:5) – put this one on screen
- We put on Christ. (Galatians 3:27) – put this one on screen
- Baptism enters you into membership of the body of Christ.(1 Corinthians 12:12-13) put this one on screen
- Baptism saves you. (1 Peter 3:21) – put this one on screen
The popular next question then is who should get baptized? Again, let’s go to Scripture:
Who should get baptized?
- Those who believe. (Mark 16:16)
- Those who repent. (Acts 2:38)
- Those who can appeal to God for a good conscience. (1 Peter 3:21) – put on screen
- Those who have heard and then decided they want to follow Jesus. (Acts 8:35-39; 16:14-15; 16:32-33) – put all three on screen
What is the method by which someone is baptized?
- The Greek word for baptism is baptizo, which means to dunk, sink, or dip.
- Rhantizo is the Greek word for sprinkle.
How is this not a work, taking away from the free gift of grace?
- It is the powerful working of God. (Colossians 2:12) – put on screen
- Jesus said we have to take hold of it. (Mark 16:16)
Don’t be like the shot that rimmed out and caused someone to settle for second. Go all in!