Sermon Scripture: Luke 2:8-20
Sermon Big Idea: Being in the shadow of the power of the most high works best if we simply accept who God is and what He did for us.
Sermon part 1
- They simply received the simple message (Luke 2:8-15)
- Luke 2:15. Let us go and see this thing the Lord has made known to us
- John 10:11. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.”
Sermon part 2
- They simply left to simply find Him (Luke 2:16-19)
- Luke 15:4. “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it?
- Philippians 3:13-14
- Luke 9:62
Sermon Part 3
- They simply returned and simply glorified (Luke 2:20)
- Luke 19:38. “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
- Psalm 95:6-7
- 2 Samuel 12:20
If you want to be in the shadow of the power of the most high, simply accept the simple Gospel.