Sermon Big Idea: For peace to come, there has to be chaos.
- The Israelites rejected God by worshiping other gods.
2 Kings 25:1-2
- The Israelites were removed by God from his land of peace.
- The Israelites were told God would relent if they would repent.
Ezra 1:1,5, Nehemiah 1:8-9
- The Israelites were restored because of God’s faithfulness.
- The tenants rejected God’s covenant.
- The tenants tried to avoid removal.
- The tenants were called to repent three times.
- One tenant was restored because he realized who true peace is.
Our preparation for peace is identifying the chaos of sin, and the consequences of sin, so we can repent of our sin and turn to the Prince of Peace.