Sermon Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 1-3
Sermon Big Idea: We can rescue our community and surrounding communities using the same plan God had for Thessalonica
- Thessalonica was commended for their work of faith, labor of love, and steadfastness of hope. (1 Thessalonians 1:2-7)
- In word
- Power of the Spirit
- Full conviction
- Thessalonica was commended for hearing the Word and being doers of the Word. (1 Thessalonians 1:8-10)
- How they received the missionaries
- How they turned from idols
- Their patience
- Paul’s example was that of a parent. (1 Thessalonians 2:1-16)
- Took their lumps but didn’t stop
- Took care of new believers like a new mother
- Trained the new believers like a father training his children
- Thessalonica was commended for being imitators.
- Of Paul (1:6)
- Of the Christians in Judea (2:14)
- Thessalonica was commended for standing firm.
- Even though Satan would keep tempting (3:5)
- In their faith, love, and kind words (3:6)
The extraction of Satan from our community will be the addition of holiness in the hearts of the people.