Can you keep a secret?
Welcome to our Secret Sister Program! All of the ladies of the church (18 and up) are invited to participate in this ministry of caring and sharing with our sisters in Christ! You will each be given a “Sister” that you will need to pray for and encourage. It is wonderful to have someone that prays for you daily and is there to send you an encouraging note from time to time. We’ll be keeping our “sister’s” a secret; so don’t let anyone know who you have.
What are your responsibilities if you participate in the Secret Sisters Program?
- Know that it is a month-long commitment (February 5th, 2023 – March 5th, 2023). The lady you are assigned will be expecting you to uphold her in your prayers and she should be able to rely on you for encouragement (Gifts optional. Food, candy/treats and cards are encouraged) We will have a table that will be designated for Secret Sisters in the lobby of the church for easy drop off but you can also send things in the mail, have something delivered to their home or office as well.
- Pray daily for your sister. See her questionnaire to know her needs and her family needs so that you may pray specifically for them.
- Make an effort to get to know your sister. Focus on her likes and dislikes from her questionnaire.
- Be an encouragement to your sister. Send her cards or notes of encouragement.
- Keep it a secret! Don’t let anyone know whom you have. Spoil her, love her and serve her from a distance to maintain the surprise.
- If you are unable to continue, contact Lisa Cummings or anyone on the women’s ministry team. If you find you are unable to continue participating in the Secret Sister program, let someone know so another “sister” can be found for the lady you were assigned.
Please fill out the secret sister questionnaire to participate in Secret Sister 2023. We will begin on February 5th and end with a Secret Sister Reveal Luncheon on March 5th after the second service.
“A word spoken in due season; how good it is!”Proverbs 15:23